Below you will find our agenda for the events of February 4th! We will continue to update you as we receive additional information. We look forward to gathering together to raise dyslexia awareness and let policy makers hear our concerns.
Where: Richmond, VA
7th Floor West Conference Room General Assembly Building. http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/includes/contentTemplate.php?tid=94&ctype=t&cid=94
When: 9:30-11:00am Reception
- Light refreshments to be served
- Short presentation: Decoding Dyslexia VA: Parents United
- Speaker: Ben Pasternak, DDVA Parent
Parents, educators, specialists and policy makers please join us as Decoding Dyslexia VA hosts our First Annual Dyslexia Awareness Day at the Capital!
Learn more about:
- Decoding Dyslexia VA – Our history and plans for the future
- What is Dyslexia? – Who does it impact and what can be done
- How positive change will benefit our children, our schools and our state.
Following the reception, opportunities for Gallery seats to observe the State Session, as well as Capital tours may be available. This opportunity is dependent on RSVP’s and is subject to change with no advanced notice.
We encourage families and individuals who join us on the 4th to reach out to your representatives. Invite them to the reception or schedule to meet with a member of their staff some time during the day. DDVA members will be available to join the conversations or offer talking points if needed.